Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Engaging myth, loving souls

All myths
Contain the nutrients
Of shared human values

And all genuine myths
Are originally made from scratch
Even as later versions may come in a box

The historical Jesus
Was the raw ingredients
For our nutritious Christ

God himself
Is a recipe
Peaked and stirred in our hearts

But myth is not just some delicacy
Make no mistake, myth is vital
Vital for tasting and sharing our most important human values

So as a Christian
I promise to sit down and break bread with you
Whoever you are, whatever your myth

Even if the recipe tastes like death to me
It’s you I love
And for this love, I too would give my body and blood.











1 comment:

  1. Beautiful.So rare to have someone open the tabernacle curtain and show the light of their heart. Glad you used my painting.

    ReplyDelete